- Nature. This has always had a great influence over my mood and work, I would be happy to live like Thoreau. The first film I ever made in grade 7, was about birds. It always seems to come back to the birds. Probably some deep psychological meaning to that 🙂
- God/Religion. God and religion are two separate, but related, issues…first comes my relationship with God, then religion. I’m a cradle Anglican…born, baptised, confirmed, never wavered, Anglican.
- Love. The love of friends most of all. I’ve had to go out and find the people I love, wrestle them to the ground, and hold them there until they loved me back. I know…lol, psychological again!
- Social Justice. I can remember always being on the side of the underdog even as a small child. If I felt that someone was being mistreated, or that there was some kind of injustice going on, I would be compelled to speak out. I just could not keep my mouth shut…got me into some trouble with adults that thought a child should not be speaking to them in that way…but so what, it was, and is, wrong. My favorite Beatles song is, “Blackbird,”…hmm, social justice and birds.
- Color. I have a mental and physical reaction to color. I’m aware that it influences my mood. My bedroom is painted orange with brown swirls…hmmm, maybe I should bring this up with my therapist…wait, I don’t need therapy anymore because I blog. lol.
God Bless, Julia