I realise that this may be a controversal subject, but I’m going to tackle it anyway…I promise not to get upset by any of your opinions on this subject…we are all entitled to voice our opinions. O.K. here it goes…What is your opinion on going grey? I don’t mean,” Fifty Shades of Grey,”…I mean, should I let my hair go grey? I know some of you are already screaming at the computer, or phone, or iPad, or whatever screen…but hear me out first.
I’m actually already grey. Back in January, I had this crazy idea that it would be a good idea if I stopped dying my hair, and just let the real me out. Yes I know, it was probably cabin fever, having already spent several months inside hiding from the Canadian winter. So, I let my natural hair color grow in about 3/4 of an inch…that’s all I could stand to live with…and then cut it really short so as to cut off the colored hair. I had to live with the, “just came out,” Lesbian look for a few months…but now I’m looking sort of presentable. The problem you say?…get to the point? I hate it!
I know, I tortured myself, and those close to me who had to see and hear all the fuss, for months. It is finally looking normal, and I hate it. I have legitimate reasons though.
- It is not even nice grey hair…you know, silver all over or something. Nope mine is grey it patches, and it’s a dull icky grey, while the rest is a lovely shade of poop brown.
- If one more child asks my daughter if her, grandma, can push them on the swings too, I’m going to go postal on a five-year old.
- I’m forty-something and I feel like I’m sixty-something when I look in the mirror. I look forward to being sixty-something, just not in my forties thank you.
- I swear brown spots have shown up on my face just in the last few months since I’ve gone “au natural”
- If I have to put up with all the menopause symptoms, is it really fair to ask me to put up with the grey hair too? I don’t think so.
So there you have it. Tell me what you think…I really want to know. I had real reasons for letting my hair grow out in January…I’ve just forgotten them…probably the menopause.
God Bless, Julia