Ok, so I could just put it right out there and write, it is a new year and I am going to start again and post every day. However, my skills at being all-knowing and all-seeing have been on the fritz lately…so I am going to go with…I will try to post daily…and as long as I’m not working 70 hours a week, or all my fingers are broken, I just might be able to do that. I miss blogging and all my blogging friends…and sadly, it was put aside so that I could work retail at Christmas.
There is nothing like working retail at Christmas to CRUSH your belief in the Christmas Spirit. I had people swear at me, yell at me, call me names, throw things at me, threaten me, and try to bribe me…all that to make sure their art work is framed in time for Christmas. Seriously people, we all need to take a collective deep breath. A failure to plan on your part, does not constitute an emergency on mine…especially since it is not life threatening. You will not go down in the annuals of time as the worse daughter in the world because your dad did not get his framed picture of dogs playing poker on Christmas morning.
So the season is over…I have a new-found disrespect for people, a four-week old bacterial infection in my lungs, and a hang over…hope your holidays were great everyone…LOL.
So I freely admit that I have been missing in action. My new job, family, and health concerns have taken over my life.
This Sunday Bernice and I will be having a blessing of our marriage in our home parish by my best friend. He, my best friend…has put his career on the line to make sure the Anglican Church in this area approved the Blessings of same-sex marriage. There is no way that I can express how much this means to me.
To all my American friends…Happy Thanksgiving!
So I have made a list of things that make me happy…some I can share, some…I can not. It was easy to start the list, the obvious; my wife, family, friends, art work, my children (most of the time 🙂 ). However it became harder after the obvious are taken care of. Like many people, most of the time I’m busy trying to avoid the things that make me unhappy. Then there are all the things that make me happy, but, maybe they are not so good for me…where did all the chocolate go? There are the things that I know in the end will make me happy, but wow, are they a lot of work…you want me to lose how much weight?
When I was younger…and sometimes now…I thought that the best thing to do was to put others first. Now I believe that if I don’t care for myself, then I wont be around to help anyone else. It is easy to forget about yourself when you have small children around, because they need so much care. as they age, and quite frankly don’t want you anywhere near them, it’s easier to gain some perspective. there is nothing wrong with locking the bathroom door, honest. Claire would throw herself against the door, screaming and telling me how she was dying…she is a little melodramatic. If I didn’t lock the door for 30 seconds I would have never had a moment to myself in five years. It is not selfish to take care of yourself…so take care of yourself.:)
I’m sorry I was not able to post this yesterday as I meant to do, however I was in the hospital ER for 8 hours yesterday with Bernice and Claire. They pumped Bernice full of steroids and various other drugs and she is much better today. Thank you for all your well wishes…I passed them on to Bernice and she appreciates them all. 🙂
Inspirations over the last week
1. I caught a glimpse of a craft magazine at the library that was all about getting ready for Halloween and Christmas…ugh. Well, it is sad on one hand, but it did inspire me to start on some Halloween things, and it was actually fun .:)
2. I’m sure many of you have already seen the video at the start of this blog, but I love to watch it while drinking my green juice, to remind myself that things can get better.
3. My wife inspires me every day with her fight to make a wonderful life, no matter what illness or pain issue she is dealing with.
4. Pay It Forward Giveaway. It was nice to see that other bloggers wanted to take part in this, and give away some of their work…it made me smile.
5. The mornings are getting cool…most people would think this is a bad thing but I hate the heat…cool mornings inspire me to get up and work.
A free gift for you from me… love this concept and have been lucky enough to be one of the first three to join the give away on, christinadesignsart.wordpress.com, Christina Pertz’s blog. Following are the rules if you would like to participate.
I will send a surprise gift to the first 3 people to comment on this post. This gift will be made by me and I will send it sometime within the next year. Exactly when you will receive it will be a surprise (it will probably be a surprise to me too).
Of course there are some rules in this game. Here it goes:
1. I will make a little something for the first 3 people who comment on this post. It will be a surprise and may arrive at any time in the next 365 days (yes, a year).
2. To sign up to receive a gift from me you must play along too. Share the giving love on your blog by promising to send a handmade goodie to the first three people who comment on your blog post.
3. You must have a blog.
4. After commenting on my post, you have to post this (or similar) on your blog to spread the love. If you haven’t posted in 72 hours then the next commenter will be chosen.
If you want to join in the fun, comment below. If you’re one of the first three, I will notify you and I’ll send you something before the end of August next year!
I’ve moved my, “what has inspired me this week,” post to Sundays…I hope no one minds. It seems to fit in to my life a little better this way. I write my post and then off to church for more inspiration. 🙂
1. Bloggers: I’m going to have to keep a list of the bloggers that have inspired me so I can thank them directly here. I leave comments for them when I think that a particular post has moved me, but I think it would be nice if I let others know in case they would like to read it too. This week I read a post about what this blogger would right to their child if they told their parent they were gay. It was very moving…made me cry of course…I wish every child could receive the kind of support that this letter was expressing. You have inspired me to keep up the fight…thank you.
2. Olympics: As the Olympics come to an end I realise that there have been so many times over the last two weeks that I have been inspired by the effort pout forth by the athletes. There are the Usaine Bolt moments…but there are the moments when you know that the athlete has conquered so many hurdles just to get to the games and now they have proven to themselves that they are worthy of being there. You have inspired me to always strive to be the best person that I can be.
3. Canadian Runners: Technically this is still the Olympics but this moment stands out in the crowd. The men’s 4 by 100 relay was run yesterday afternoon, well at least here it was afternoon. The Canadians won the bronze medal…a total shock for me anyway. I was so proud of them…then the olympic officials took it away from them because one of our runners put his foot on the inside line. the athletes were understandably upset…not mad, they were heart-broken. They did not rant or rave about the injustice, they just humbly said it was ok…and the athlete who broke the rule apologized over and over. They acted with complete dignity in the face of sorrow, and while the world watched their lowest moments…that is worthy of the olympic bronze. You have inspired me to stand up and walk with dignity even when I feel like life has been cruel to me.
thank you to all of my blogging friends…you are all an inspiration to me.
I have been thinking about making Saturday’s posts about what inspired my work in the past week, so I began this post as a reminder of that. The problem is, instead of putting it in draft,s I went and scheduled it for today…so you all got to read only the first sentence, Pathetic…duh! All I can say is, sorry:(…not very inspirational of me is it? Seems to be how this whole week has been though…
Sales on Etsy: I sold some items on Etsy this week…I can’t help it I feel like Sally Fields….you like me, you really like me! Pathetic really.
A customer asked me to change one of my pieces slightly, by making post earrings out of dangle ones…never occured to me before…DUH!
I watch the Olympics on a Canadian channel because they follow Canadian athletes. When the Olympics were in Vancouver two years ago, there was a song commissioned for the games that was inspirational, but was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to sweet. Well…they are using it again for the London Olympics, and I have downloaded it onto my iPhone so I can listen to it whenever I need a boost…LOSER!
this week has been so uninspirational…no, that is not a real word…that I only have three instead of the regular five. Hope next week is more inspiring.